Mar 10, 2015

Threes

Time for something a little lighter. I quite liked this latest questionnaire meme on Sunday Stealing, which I came across on Princess Pandora.  Clean, short and simple.


1. Three things that scare me:

  • poverty
  • extremism: the ultra conservative right and the radical left
  • fire

2. Three people who make me laugh:

  • Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)
  • Rebel Wilson
  • John Stewart


3. Three things I love:

  • solitude 
  • dogs
  • pens


4. Three things I hate:

  • extremism
  • boasting (including Humblebrags) on Facebook and Instagram
  • loud noises


5. Three things I don't understand:

  • How perfectly nice, decent people can be so hardcore unsympathetic to those less fortunate than themselves (eg the Americans' deep antipathy to universal health care; many people's attitudes towards asylum seekers; how people with good jobs and earning good money don't understand they are also lucky)
  • men's rights activists 
  • how The Greens would run a viable economy


6. Three things on my desk:

  • towering pile of papers, DVDs, kids' drawings and notebooks
  • pack of my daughter's Hubba Bubba
  • a two-pole puncher that hasn't been used in years


7. Three things I'm doing right now:

  • blogging 
  • laundry
  • re-watching Final Destination 2 on DVD


8. Three things I want to do before I die:

  • write a book
  • live for a year in Y's Greek village
  • iPad art by my daughter aged six
  • get fit 


9. Three things I can do:

  • data mining and analysis
  • learn a language fast
  • talk in rhyming couplets


10. Three things I can't do:

  • sing
  • mix colours into ready-to-roll icing
  • watch cricket


11. Three things you should listen to:

  • birdsong in the morning when everything else is quiet
  • your favourite music, regularly
  • opposing points of view, at least sometimes


12 Three things you should never listen to:

  • talk-back radio
  • advertising aimed to make you feel inadequate 
  • anyone who claims to cure cancer with food 


13. Three things I'd like to learn:

  • how to write a novel
  • how to stay calm and relaxed
  • ballroom dancing


14. Three favourite foods:

  • chocolate
  • spanokopita: Greek spinach and cheese pie
  • steak


15. Three beverages I drink regularly

  • coffee
  • Coke Zero
  • water


16. Three shows I watched as a kid:

  • Bewitched
  • The Flintstones
  • Get Smart

6 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a fun questionnaire. Makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great meme.
    I share your dislike of extremists. Fundamentalist anything scares me witless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie,

    I might steal this meme. What are your tips for learning a language quickly? Or is it just your natural talent and ability?

    I'm trying to do just that, you see.

    :0)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just my natural genius ;) however I have always found it helpful to read lots of easy stuff in the language you're learning, such as trashy gossip magazines.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...