Aug 5, 2014

12 Resolutions: August (and July recap)

This year I'm playing along with #12Resolutions on Twitter and Facebook. The idea is to set yourself short-term, achievable goals, one each month. 

For July my goal was to pay attention to my moods and feelings, and to take a moment to consider them, before I react.

I think this was successful. I wasn't overly taxed, I have to say, and I was sick for two weeks (one week of which I spent most of my time sleeping), so this has seemed like something of a short month.  But I don't recall any messy scenes or reactions that I regretted, for this month. Yay!

So anyway I am going to continue with this one, as I think it's a worthwhile ongoing exercise. 

For August, my goal is to set myself daily limits on time-wasting activities, such as internet surfing and playing dumb games on my phone, and to spend that time doing productive things instead.

I'm still allowed to read Twitter, check Facebook, relax with 9Gag before I go to sleep, and read blogs, stories and news online. But these things are to be limited to 10-minute blocks, not half-hour (or longer!) stretches.




What will I do with all my extra time? Well, here are some things I've been meaning to do. Who knows, maybe one or two of these will get tackled this month:

  • clean out the pantry
  • clean out and sort the linen cupboard
  • sort and tidy my bedside table
  • write some short stories
  • read some of the books in my to-read list
  • get eight hours' sleep every night

What's on your to-do list this month?


#12Resolutions:

January: walk 5 times a week (done - I now walk daily)
February: write 2 short stories (failed - wrote none!)
March: write 1 short story, and start Project Management course (done)
April: visit GP and complete or schedule the follow-ups (done)

May: complete one module of Project Management course (failed)
June: working day money savers: public transport and packed lunch (done)

July: pay attention to needs, moods and emotions to manage reactions (done, and ongoing)
August: limit time-wasting activities on my phone

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with those, all worth while.

    I plan to lose some weight and improve on my golf game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good goals. From what I understand of golf, the first may be a little easier.

      Delete
  2. You are going well.
    I hope to move myself to the front of the caring queue. Which means eating better, exercising and seeing doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very worthy goal. I need to take better care of myself too. I'm starting with more sleep. Good luck with your efforts. It's never-ending isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I don't make resolutions, that way I have no problem keeping them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie,

    I would concentrate on 4, 5 and 6 on your list.

    :0)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the Project Management Course? Well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...